Electronic Security System Specialist
Clearance: Top Secret/ SCI
Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
The Security System Specialist II-ESS with a Top Secret Security Clearance | SSBI within the past five (5) years | SCI access eligibility will provide design solutions for governmental approval through the installation, maintenance, and administration of the Electronic Security Systems (ESS) to include Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), biometrics, access control systems (ACS), and closed circuit television (CCTV), in accordance with DoD and DNI policies and industry standards. The Security System Specialist II will be possess a Lenel Certified Associate (LCA) and must possess working knowledge and experience with Wonderware software (i.e. rebooting the system, restarting services, etc.).
* Provide design solutions for governmental approval through the installation, maintenance, and administration of the ESS to include Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), biometrics, access control systems (ACS), and closed circuit television (CCTV), IAW DoD and DNI policies and industry standards.
* Provide recommendations for assessments, design, installation, and maintenance of Government procured equipment.
* Provide weekly reports of service trouble tickets and recommend solutions to areas with more than one service call per month.
* Provide monthly report with the results of monitoring all JTF-GTMO Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and access-controlled facilities.
* Train users on equipment operation and maintenance, generate and dispense user codes, and provide end user training documentation.
* Establish a written Preventative Maintenance Procedures Plan to maximize the operational capability of all security systems.
* Conduct the installation of ESS devices compatible with the current ESS infrastructure to include the installation of hardware, software, and the planning of any future infrastructure or devices in accordance with ESS installation federal and local policies.
* Shall troubleshoot, repair, or replace inoperable ESS devices.
* Responsible for semi-annual testing of ESS devices to include testing of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Balance Magnetic Switches (BMS), and Motion Detectors.
* Conduct quarterly inventory to ensure accountability and availability.
* Prepare security equipment purchase requests.
* Develop and establish a system to track equipment warranties and return maintenance authorizations (RMA).
* Provide input to establish and implement methods of procuring and storing a 10% inventory of all critical ESS products.
* Provide System Administration support to include the update, monitor, and maintenance of Lenel.
* Provide support in gathering and submitting necessary documentations for certification and accreditation of security systems and software.
Must possess a current Top Secret (TS) clearance based upon a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the past five (5) years, and shall also be determined eligible for access to Special Compartmented Information (SCI) by the Central Adjudication Facility (CAF) or other designated adjudication authority prior to arrival onsite.
* Must have a High School Diploma; preference an Associate's degree.
* Must have a minimum of three (3) years of specialized experience in Electronic Security Systems (ESS).
* Must possess a minimum of a Lenel Certified Associate (LCA) level certification.
* Must have knowledge of Wonderware software (i.e. rebooting the system, restarting services, etc.).
* Must have experience in all areas required for the design, maintenance, installation, and support of automated IDS, biometrics, access control systems, surveillance cameras, IDS fence-line, and a particular emphasis on CCTV.
* Must possess working knowledge of governing directives, instructions, regulations, and procedures governing the DoD Physical and Information Security Programs, the DoD and DNI Programs for protection SCI and SCIFs.
* Must possess general understanding of the other DoD Security Programs (i.e., Industrial, and Personnel Security Programs) and how the ESS relates.
* Must have knowledge of governing laws, regulations precedents, and directives governing DoD security program.
* Must have knowledge of DoD physical security program concepts and principles.
* Must be proficient in the use of COTS and GOTS to support security systems.